chester-le-street heritage trail Legal Information PHOTOGRAPHS courtesy of: Dorothy A. Hall. George Nairn. Chester-le-Street Heritage Group. DESIGN: Chris Fairley      Email: c_fairley@mac.com

Chester-le-Street Heritage Group © All rights reserved

Legal Information

23.	The Lambton Arms.        This is a former Coaching Inn with six coaches a day at one time stopping       here. In 1827  the building was also used as a Posting House.        Mr Thomas Burn was the Landlord in the  1860s to 1883. 26.	61 Front Street.        Dutch style buildings dated 1896 (possibly earlier) restored in       1992. The Great North Road was narrowest at this point. Plaque Numbers 21 - 29 25.	The Queens Head.           The main buildings façade is 18th Century and is Grade II listed.            It  was also a Coaching Inn  and the Bishop’s Halmote Court met here. 27.	74 Front Street (Plaque).           This building was at one time the Board Inn. Note the            woodcarvings of fruits at the Low Chare side of the building.                      Some remains of the frontage were housed at Beamish Museum. Roll over to enlarge Roll over to enlarge Roll over to enlarge Roll over to enlarge Roll over to enlarge Roll over to enlarge